Thursday 24 March 2011

Behind every great fortune there is a great crime

-
Balzac said that, apparently. And he was way too uncool for this particular school, that's for sure. And I can also confess, in a self-knowing way, that my life has never been like the film 'Submarine', even during its most dark, "ironic" and failed moments. I am obviously quite glad about this fact though as I can't ever imagine telling a girlfriend, even in hushed tones, 'My mum gave a handjob to a mystic'. I mean, as an excuse for outlandish behaviour it's a bit rubbish really. Having said that, today my life was a lot like this fucking-awesome-and-under-two-minutes song played on repeat for about ten hours and thirty five minutes. And, before you ask, no, I have no idea how long the mystic ('I am a prism') lasted. I wasn't watching and anyway I'd left my chicken-shaped eggtimer at home. Play loud. Leave the quote marks alone. Do, please, continue.
-
Mazes - 'Most Days' (1.47)
-
Mazes are playing here on April 3 (supporting Dum Dum Girls). Pre-order some great stuff here.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment