Friday 5 November 2010

All of us were ordinary, compared to Cynthia Rose

-
It was once revealed a long time ago, to a certain amount of surprise I might add, but Prince and myself have a very strange relationship. Strange, in the sense, that I totally, completely, utterly adore him. I always will, whatever he has done in the past or chooses to do next. It is unconditional, a bit like it is with Moz, you know. My heart really does beat to the bassline of 'Pop Life', I can tell you (when it is not beating to the bassline in this song!). I know it's possibly a little out of step with my usual C86, twee, shoegaze, indie-schmindie choices but still, he rocks mah (purple) world. And, I think, had the remorseful, distant boy in the photograph above said the right things, in the right order, to the buried, upset girl, it may have all worked out.... a lyric from Prince might have made all the difference, really.
-
Prince - 'The beautiful ones' (live) (2.13)
-
Och, yes, I know everyone goes on about the Feist thing, but my $$$ and <3 <3 <3 still goes to this little performance from our man. Glorious!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment