Saturday 16 April 2011

You sent the moment back to be redone

-
You, perhaps? Well, you might know how it is? Just like that early-90's poorly edited script from Lynne, featuring impossibly cast actors? You get a strange text from an old friend, one you haven't seen in a very long time. It's a Round-Robin 'please sponsor me on this impossible feat I'm about to undertake' kind of thing. The cause, for sure, is noble and just. Then you get another text asking to meet up for a coffee. Tinderbox is the venue, as ever. And then, when you do meet up, taking some rather scarce time out (at this time of year it is precious, at least) and it's all just rather, weep, fake plastic trees and their parting shot - hit me sideways and then full frontal - is that they tell you, in a pretty direct way, that you look 'empty'. Sigh. Yeah. So. I think is goodbye, then? Or should I reconsider the expression, and, indeed, the reality. Was the put-down just a self-check warning? Am I, actually, 'empty'? I mean, pffffffft, filled in or not, the point is that even Tom Vek's long-mythologised return to pop-music-making couldn't cheer me up right now. Oh? What's that you say? Come closer and listen? A few seconds, here.
-
Tom Vek - 'A little word in your ear' (live @ KCRW) (3.48)
-
So, yes, after a wee while, everything's now gone green, and all systems are fucking Thunderbirds go. Hurrah!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment