Saturday 20 November 2010

So poor and cold in their midwest

-
Yes. I know. Many things, perhaps. But always, always, fucking literal. A heart on a sleeve, and all that kinda jazz. It's just the way of it, with me, I'm afraid. A big heart, and a bigger gob. But, you know, this is such a gorgeous song. Hear it out. It almost deserves some further developed, rather more refined, cryptic thinking and qualities. Intellectualised, eh? But not from me, alas. I just can't do that anymore. Not now, not since the TV got burned out. So, just go see them play, and then you'll get it. I'm sure of it. Glasgow tonight, for some. But I have another appointment to keep. One not to be missed.
-
Lower Dens - 'Tea Lights' (4.42)
-
So, yes, Lower Dens are in Glasgow this evening, you fuck, and then Dublin on the 22nd. They are playing with Beach House. Which makes a lot of fucking sense. Yes it does. They play the Exit/In, Nashville TN, on January 15, with The Walkmen, no less. Am just saying, likesay. The superb album, 'Twin Hand Movement', can be bought here. And I am saying nothing more on that one. Oh no.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment