Saturday 1 January 2011

A match struck at midnight makes our faces glow

-
So, aye, not quite midnight, but the children were insistent on staying up pretty late to watch awful Scottish television (exactly how moar orange can Jackie Bird get?) and also have yet another wee play of the 'Family Guy' edition of Monopoly that seemed to appear here, oddly, the other day. The older one was out at a rave in an abandoned factory in Partick. Sigh. How very 1992. Ah well, goodbye, fuck off, strange and weird year (and decade) that was. And, well, a Happy New Year to what might be, hopefully, an interesting, productive and eventful time of it. To 2011, and all that, like. And now, some DJ Shadow, to make us glad to be alive (we can all agree to that, if little else). Bakhtalo Nevo Bersh! x
-
DJ Shadow - 'Midnight in a perfect world' (extended version) (9.53)
-
You can find DJ Shadow here. Buy the album.
-

11 comments:

  1. All the best to you and the kids Colin.

    You being back was one of the good bits of 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, by 1992 we had stopped frequenting illegal Raves that was so 1991 and I could never get a taxi to pick me up from the East End of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Comrade.

    Spent ours watching the final episode of Series 4 of Dexter on DVD and only knew 2011 had arrived thanks to fireworks going off.

    I'm with Drew.....you coming back to blogworld was a true highlight of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Campfires & Battlefields1 January 2011 at 13:39

    What the...? Colin! You're back! And have been for several months it seems. Well that IS an auspicious start to my 2011. Welcome home boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and the children are now back with their (I imagine, very hungover) mother so I may now listen to the music I CHOOSE, play the video games I WANT TO, and eat sweet popcorn rather than FUCKING SALT popcorn and drink lots and lots and lots of cheap gin and tonic from cracked teacups with lemon AND lime inserted into the mix. FUCK YES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps. Apologies for my, erm, slippage in terms of illegal rave timelines there Drew (it was never really my scene, so to speak, I only touched on it very marginally later on via my PhD fieldwork with New Age Travellers), and best way ever to spend a NYE, Jim. Go Go Dex! Hope yr evening was a lovely one Davy, a nice single malt or two?, and thanks for finding me again John. Gotcha on Lastfm as well :) I will always be grateful to you for introducing me to the brilliance of My Laundry Life! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're living it up. Happy Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah well, not really G, in the end I just settled for a cup of tea (well, several) and watching 'Henry Fool' (again). I was too tired to live it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! xX

    One of my favorite DJ Shadow tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And to you Rachel! Thanks for stopping by :) x

    ReplyDelete